Photography

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

I'm still fly

Two weeks into this new thing called life.  I'm still on high and very proud of myself for following my heart and I'm super thankful that God put this passion in my heart.  I'm an explorer so of course that won't change, and hasn't changed.  As many times as I have been to LA, I've already discovered two places that I had not yet heard of or visited before (thanks Instagram!).   One being El Matador State Beach in Malibu and the other the Venice Canals.   Beauty, beauty, beauty.  I am constantly reminded why I love this place so much, and how what I receive from this place, I can't get on the east coast...or at least in the DC area.  

El Matador State Beach is located in Malibu, just past one of my other favorites Zuma Beach, and is known for its sea caves and large rocks. Now if you're afraid of heights, not sure that this is the place for you, because it's a bit tricky to get down.  There's an incline and you start high up, go down the incline through some dirt and rocks then you hit the stairs.   Once you get to the stairs, it's all good.  Maybe there's another closer entrance, not sure.  Anyways, on this lovely 90 degree day, I saw 2 couple taking engagement pictures (or what I assumed) and another guy proposing!  It was right then and there that I decided I wanted to get married in California lol.  It just offers such an amazingly beautiful backdrop that makes you want to be in love.  Sigh..that's a post for another day lol.  The water was freezing. And not the type of freezing that gets warmer the longer you stay in it.  It was cold the entire time and I'm sure my legs just eventually got numb to the coldness.   Even though it was a very hot day, there weren't many people at this particular beach.  Understandably so since you pass several beaches to get to this one.  I walked down the shoreline, with the water on my right, and beautiful beachfront dream houses on my left.   I found a nice deserted spot with barely anyone else around, just how I like it.  

I put my headphones on and jammed to Chrisette Michele "Better" album, which is my current fav.  The song that stood out the most in that moment in time was "I'm Still Fly".   

"I'm tryna feel like a girl wants to feel
Like when she's in the love of her life, of her life yea
But if I'm all alone
When it's time to go home
I'll 2 step on my own tonight
Either way, I'm still fly"

No matter what happens in my life the next day, next week, month or year, I am happy and comfortable in my own skin, and proud of the woman I am and have worked to become.  No matter the outcome.  No matter who I have beside me at the end of the day.  I'm still fly.  Either way it goes :)
















0 comments:

Post a Comment