Photography

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Don't quit your daydream

While doing my daily blog reading, I came across this picture. I am a self-proclaimed daydreamer. A dreamer period. I often find my mind wandering of all the pretty places I wish to see, breathe, explore. All of the ideas in this brain of mine I wish to make happen. That's a typical daydream for me. A visual break into lala land. But I have the desire to turn my daydreams into reality. Research. Note taking. Study. Repeat. The travel industry is my obsession. I am craving location independence and entrepreneurship.

Current job, not so bad. Apartment, not so bad. "The problem is the 'not bad' syndrome. It is easy to get comfy in 'not bad' land and never leave." I have to want, desire, and go after more. Go after my happiness. "Not so bad" just screams settling. I don't want to settle, I want to succeed! "There's no faster way to kill goals and dreams than by settling for 'not bad'".

"If you wish to travel far and fast, travel light. Take off all your envies, jealousies, unforgiveness, selfishness, and fears." - Glenn Clark

"We travel, initially, to lose ourselves; and we travel, next, to find ourselves. We travel to open our hearts and eyes and learn more about the world than our newspapers will accommodate." - Pico Iyer

0 comments:

Post a Comment