Photography

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

operation: travel


"out of all of my children, you are the most adventurous" - daddy


The world is my oyster. My belief in this expression is full scale. This is when I'm most happy, at peace, and content with life. Because it doesn't get any better than that moment. I can't imagine my life without it.

I can't pinpoint the exact age where I craved seeingthe world, but I know it's in my blood. For as long as I can remember my mom was always on the go, all over the U.S., Hawaii (a few times), and all over the Caribbean, and still is.

As a kid, we were always up and down I-95 to Philadelphia (where she's from) several times a year. Maybe this is where my love affair for travel began.

Around my 26th birthday, I made a promise to myself to always take a birthday trip anywhere I wanted to go, make it special for ME - and prior to this I vowed to never work on my birthday. It's completely my one day for myself. Since that time, I've kept my promise. I would only wish I had started sooner.

My 30th birthday is in 4 days. Just 4 days away from a major birthday milestone. 16. 18. 21. 25. And now 30. As much as I say I'm trying to stay in my twenties, I'm excited for what my 30s will bring. The new places I'll see. The old places I'll revisit. My vacation bucket list is quite adventurous and intimidating to some, but I'm ready.

First stop...underway

0 comments:

Post a Comment