Photography

Monday, September 16, 2013

operation: heartbreak

Successful indeed. I'm sure when I woke up this morning I complained about it being so early, needing ‎more sleep, and anticipating the weekend already, blah, blah, blah…typical Monday blues.‎

Then just on the other side of the city as I made my commute into work, there was a report of a ‎shooting at the Navy Yard. Unfortunately, as I write this at least 6 (unofficial) civilians have been killed, ‎according to reports. Assuming, just regular people going to work, to get a paycheck to eat, have a ‎roof over their head, clothes on the backs, and provide for their families. To survive. How ironic that ‎this would be the last morning they would get to do this. To survive.‎

Hearing and seeing the words "possible suspects at large", just feels so reminiscent of the Boston ‎attack. Almost 6 hours later. A good 2-4 hours remaining in most of our work day and we are face ‎with the words "possible suspects at large". How do we just walk outside and make our way home?‎

My heart, thoughts, and prayers goes out to those families and friends who innocently lost loved ‎ones. ‎

Operation: heartbreak successful indeed.‎

Update: in the time it took me to gather my thoughts and put them on paper, the death toll has risen ‎to 9 (including the shooter). Lord help us.‎

0 comments:

Post a Comment