Photography

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

It's up to me...

‎“I’ve learned how much power I have in designing my happiness. I am the architect of it. So I ‎work on building it. A skyscraper.” Terry McMillian‎



The best thing about this blog is the constant reminder of its theme. Happiness. And the pursuit ‎of it. How to get it and how to hold on for dear life. Life can sometimes suck that little ounce ‎of happiness you have left and leave you feeling drained and defeated. It happens to the best of ‎us. But it takes a special kind of strength to dig deep and not let unhappiness consume you. ‎Don't let defeat be what you eat, sleep, and breathe. God didn't build us to suffer, He built us to ‎succeed. Some days you wake up with the blues, headed to a job that you aren't 100% excited ‎about (not to be confused with ungratefulness), just to get up and do it all over again. The ‎excitement, the thrill can sometimes be dull or nonexistent. This blog serves as a daily reminder ‎that it is up to me to bring the light. It's up to me to design my happiness. Even if it's just ‎tinkering in the little things that bring me joy throughout the day. One day I hope we all get to a ‎place in our lives where it's not 'work' and we're doing what we love. I guess in the meantime, ‎we shall do what we have to do until we can do what we want to do.

Reminder: Work on the little things.‎

0 comments:

Post a Comment