Photography

Friday, October 11, 2013

random, not-so random

I am a hopeless romantic. But I also enjoy being alone and being my own company. Not to be ‎confused with lonely. There's a difference. I still believe in chivalry. I still believe in "real love. ‎Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can't-live-without-each-other love", just like Carrie ‎Bradshaw.‎

My little sister posted a picture of this book on Instagram, and the title alone had me intrigued. ‎Love, Freedom, and Aloneness - by Osho. Interesting right? So I pulled it up on Google books ‎and previewed the first few chapters. Sometimes when reading books like this one (topics on ‎love, inspiration, etc.), my initial thought is duh! It feels self-explanatory or has common sense ‎context. But I try to get outta that mindset. And I try to use it as a reminder instead. I don't ‎know everything and I'm sure I can pick up on something that can challenge my thinking. So ‎here are a few of those things:‎

‎- Real love is a nourishment, it strengthens your soul.‎
‎ ‎
‎- Search into, meditate on love, experiment. Love is the greatest experiment in life, and those ‎who live without experimenting with love energy will never know what life is. They will only ‎remain on the surface without going into the depth of it.‎
‎ ‎
‎- Meditation is nothing but enjoying your beautiful aloneness. Celebrating yourself; that's what ‎meditation is all about.‎
‎ ‎
‎- By loving yourself you will have destroyed much that society has implanted within you.‎
‎ ‎
‎- Love leads to the ultimate experience - called God, called the Absolute, called the Truth.‎
‎ ‎
‎- If you think only of sex and never become aware of love, then you are going down the ‎drain. Yes, you will produce children and you will live in misery and you will play cards and you ‎will go to see the movie and you will watch football matches and you will have great experiences ‎of utter futility, boredom, war, and a constant undercurrent of anxiety, called by the ‎existentialist, "angst". But you will never know the real beauty of existence, the real silence and ‎peace of the cosmos.‎
‎ ‎
Love can make it possible.‎

0 comments:

Post a Comment