Photography

Wednesday, October 16, 2013


On my journey to happiness, everyday I'm challenging myself to read something of importance and relevance to my life.  While I'm being loose with the term "challenge" (because who really needs a challenge to read), sometimes we get caught up with work, our commute, social media and other forms of daily entertainment, that we neglect a very important one.  Reading.  So today I hopped on Google Books and previewed "Promises from God for Single Women" by T.D. Jakes.  Last night, I turned to an all gospel/christian network by accident/or by fate (maybe) and T.D. Jakes was preaching to his congregation in Dallas.  Do I remember what he was saying?  Not really, should've taken notes, but I remember being engulfed in his message.  I would say I'm a T.D. Jakes fan and own a few of his books, but I tend to be a fan of most who can break down the Bible and teaches how it applies to everyday life, or leyman terms.  (For me, the Bible is a difficult read.)  Here are some passages that stood out for me and challenged my thinking:

Introduction
Contrary to what some teach on this subject, singleness is not a disease.  It is a sign of wholeness.  To be single is what one is when he or she is not fractioned.  It can be an indication of wholeness.  If one not whole before marriage…marriage will not complete a broken soul.
Don't let desperation lead you to destruction.  …set your sights on fulfilling the purpose God has set before you.  He has a plan for you and it will happen in His time in His way - not one minute before.
Know that God has someone or something waiting for you.  Your only job is to fulfill God's purpose for you.  Becoming too caught up in the dating/mating/relating game distracts you from your Heavenly calling and keeps you from the Lord.

Loneliness
Have heart and know that the heaviness will not last forever, that Jesus has promised to carry your burden, and that by surrendering to God, we are living on the path of the righteous.
What will break the key grip of loneliness is a faithful heart that understands that God's promises are more real than the world's lies.   Your promise to God… I know you will lift the loneliness from my heart.  I will wait faithfully until Your time.

Friendship
It is important to put your time and energy into those relationships that raise you up and glorify the Lord.
If people persecute you because you are a Christian, don't curse them; pray that God will bless them.  When others are happy, be happy with them.  If they are sad, share their sorrow.  Live in harmony with each other.  Don't try to act important, but enjoy the company of ordinary people.  And don't think you know it all!  Romans 12:14-16
Ask God each morning, "who do you want me to help today?"  God will bring into your path people who need exactly the encouragement and help that you can give them. (and by the way, that person who needs encouragement and help might be yourself.)


2 comments: